Housing Development Fund- (203) 969-1830 or www.hdf-ct.org

Eviction and Foreclosure Prevention Program: Community Action Agency- (860) 832-9438


Down payment Assistance Programs

Housing Development Fund- (203) 969-1830 or  www.hdf-ct.org

HDF is a HUD-Certified counseling and lending agency, particularly for first time home-buyer.


USDA Rural Housing Programs (860) 688-7725


Foreclosure Prevention Assistance

Neighborhood Housing Services of Waterbury (203) 753-1896 or www.nhswaterbury.org

They have good counselors.


Legal Help

Statewide Legal Services (800) 453-3320 www.ctlawhelp.org


Emergency One Time Assistance

Neighbor–to–Neighbor Fund: provides emergency one time assistance for local residents who are in economic distress. Neighbor-to-Neighbor makes small grants (generally around $500) to help those with overdue utilities, medical bills, short-term housing costs, and transportation problems. Interested individuals should contact their town’s social service provider


Accessory Apartment Program

The HousingUs Accessory Apartment Program– assists homeowners through the process of creating an apartment in their homes or on their property- from design to permitting and tenant selection.  For more information visit www.housingus.org.